Dear Friend —
The Syrian people need your help! The Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), along with a coalition consisting of the nation’s leading human rights, humanitarian, refugee and faith-based organizations are urging the White House to address the current Syrian refugee crisis and our country’s response to it.
Specifically, the coalition is calling on the White House to take a “Treat the Symptoms, Stop the Cause” approach to Syria that includes:
1. Protecting Syrian civilians. In addition to renewed efforts to find a long-term political solution to the conflict, Syrian civilians need immediate protection from their government’s use of aerial attacks and chemical weapons against them.
2. Making Syria a priority in the White House and State Department’s foreign policy agenda and applying diplomatic pressure on influential countries in the conflict to reach a political resolution.
3. Resettling at least 100,000 Syrians by the end of 2016. We can do much better than the recent numbers announced by the White House. The Syrian crisis has led to the largest number of refugees globally since World War II. We should assert our moral leadership in the world and encourage our European allies to accept their fair share of refugees.
We need your support to make this happen!
HOW? We’re calling on individuals and organizations across the country to participate in an urgent call-in effort between Tuesday, Sept. 15 and Friday, Sept. 18 calling for top White House officials to take leadership by addressing the deteriorating Syrian crisis. You can help make this happen by doing the following:
1. CALL the White House switchboard at 202-456-1414 and ask President Obama to make Syria a priority in his policy agenda.
2. EMAIL: Prefer to send an email? Click this link to email President Obama telling him why Syria matters.
3. Take to Social Media
Twitter: Tell President Obama, the White House and the Chief of Staff why they should make Syria a priority.
.@POTUS Make Syria a priority in your policy agenda. America can do more! #USLeadOnSyria
.@WhiteHouse Treat the Symptom, Stop the Cause! #USLeadOnSyria
.@Denis_McDonough Meet with leaders on the Syrian Crisis #USLeadOnSyria
Facebook: Share this action alert to encourage your friends to take action on Syria.
Together, we can make a difference! Thanks for making your voice heard.