Dear Community Member:
2016 Presidential Election is shaping up to be a critical election in defining who we are, as a Nation, and what we stand for. It’s incumbent upon every one of us to participate in this elections at every level of the government and have your voice heard. Not voting means you have voted for opposing view point.
Hence, we encourage you to vote.
We are pleased to forward you a Guide with information about the democratic presidential candidate (Hilary Clinton) and the republican candidate (Donald Trump). Here is the link. The guide explains each candidate’s position on national security, healthcare, economy, education, and foreign policy. MPAC and EmergeUSA have partnered together to publish this “2016 Presidential Voter Guide”.
- Complete information about election is available at NYS Board of Elections:https://www.elections.ny.gov/
- The last day for Voter Registration is Friday, October 14, 2016. So you still have time to register. You can do so in person at the County Board of Elections (BOE) or my mail. Here is website address for the BOE of 8 Counties of WNY:
NOTE: Due to the recent fire, the Erie County Board of Elections will be temporarily located in the Rath Building, 95, Franklin St., Room 230, Buffalo, NY 14202.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than October 14th and received by the BOE no later than October 19th to be eligible to vote in the General Election.
- Absentee Ballots are available if you will not be able to vote in person for any reason. Absentee applications are available at https://www.elections.ny.gov/VotingAbsentee.html or from your local BOE office.
- The deadline for absentee ballot is as follows:
||Last day to postmark an application or letter of application by mail for an absentee ballot.
||Last day to apply IN-PERSON for absentee ballot.
||Last day to postmark ballot. Must be received by the local board of elections no later thanNov. 15th. Military Voter Ballots must be received no later than Nov. 21st.
||Last day to deliver ballot IN-PERSON to the local board of elections (by someone other than the voter).
- By signing the voter registration form, you are attesting to the following:
- You are a citizen of the United States;
- You will be at least 18 years of age on the date of the election;
- You have lived in your county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election;
- You meet all requirements to register to vote in New York State;
- That the information is true. You understand that if it is not true, you can be convicted and fined up to $5,000 and/or jailed for up to four years;
- You must sign the application;
As an organization we do not endorse any political candidate or a party. The information is provided so you can make an informed decision.
Finally, do not forget to vote on November 8th.
Khalid J. Qazi
& Senior Adviser